Tuesday, September 20, 2011

CAS Sympathy Card

Yesterday I posted a couple of the six cards I made.  This is one of the others. It is clean and simple, which for me isn't all that simple, but I do like the way it turned out. 


The design of this card has been in my head for literally months.  I saw one similar to it in one of the many card magazines I look at.  The feathers were what touched my heart.  I had found out, quite by accident, that a man who was very special in my life (during my single days) had passed away.  Though I had not had contact with him for about 17 years, this news hit me hard and it has been difficult to express my sympathy to his daughter.  The feathers are significant because every card he ever sent me contained a feather of a wild bird that he picked up in the woods when he hiked.  This stamp is from Inkadinkadoo.  I stamped one image with Jet Black Memento, then masked it and stamped two more images with London Fog Memento without re-inking.  The sentiment is computer generated and was done before the stamps.  The scored lines along the left and bottom don't show well here, but help to balance the off-center placement of the top layer.  I think I am ready to finally let go and send this card.  And, yes, there will be a feather inside.

4 comments:

Joan Ervin said...

This is such a beautiful and meaningful sympathy card, Barb....I am so sorry to hear about your friend. I know the family will appreciate your kindness!!

Lynette said...

So beautiful, Barb, and a great idea to stamp the feathers that way. What a special card.

Sue Bridges said...

Such a meaningful card. Thanks for sharing.

DonnaMundinger said...

So touching, Barb. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. the card is a wonderful remembrance. xxD