Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I've Been Tagged by Tags!

I have often admired all the wonderful tags I see on my favorite blogs.  With that said I didn't try to make any myself.  HOWEVER, I've since acquired a Spellbinders Grand Caliber and found a source of chipboard 12 x 12 sheets, so cutting the tag shapes (especially with my favorite dies) is easier with more possibilities.  Add to that my quest to use up scraps of papers and my love for vintage prints, now the Tag Bug has bit me!  Here are a couple that I just made:

For this tag I used the Nesties Curved Rectangles die for the chipboard tag and pasted dp from the Graphics 45 "A Ladies Diary Collection" for the background. The back of the tag is also covered with dp.  I love to collect vintage pictures from bloggers who offer free images from their collections, as well as pictures I find at antique stores.  

The corner embellishment is from Autumn Leaves Scrapmetal brad set.  The flower is a combination of paper flowers, an antique mini-doily and a decorative brad.  Punch a hole, add ribbon and I have an easy-peasy pretty tag.  

This tag is also shaped with the Nesties Curved Rectangles die.  The dp used, as well as the matching flower embellishment is from the K & Company Susan Winget Botanical set. The flower on the dp was too pretty to cover up, so I just placed a pretty rhinestone swirl as an accent.  

Christmas is only two months away so I will be focusing on holiday cards and tags.  I did treat myself to new papers and stamps/images so I see lots of fun ahead!

As always, I thank you for stopping by today.  And I am adding a little something extra to my closing.  I found a little box labeled "Chat Pack" and it is full of questions to spark conversations.  Here is the question for today:

"What is one item you own that you really should throw away... but probably never will?"

My answer to that would have to be souvenirs from Disneyland, Sea World and Legoland.  It's just the kid in me, I guess.  Feel free to leave a comment with your answer and also let me know if you love tags, too, and how you use them.   

1 comment:

Caroline said...

Fantastic tags love the colours you have used. Caroline xxx