Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Design D.I.V.A.S. Oldies But Goodies Blog Hop


On the third Wednesday of each month the Facebook chapter of the Design D.I.V.A.S. has our Oldies But Goodies (OBD) blog hop.  This is when we use neglected and forgotten items from our stashes.  The Design D.I.V.A.S. is a private Facebook group which is a branch of the Original Design D.I.V.A.S. on the Splitcoaststampers website.  The acronym for the D.I.V.A.S. is Divine Inspirational Virtuous Artistic (or anointed) Sistahs.  This is a very talented and supportive group, which I'm blessed to be a part of.  Thank you for stopping by and we hope you enjoy the hop. If you came here from the lovely Vicki's blog you are on the right track.  To start at the beginning hop on over to Linda's awesome blog


For my card I used a K & Co. dp stack that I have had for years but haven't used for nearly that long.  I have several sets like this and, thanks to a recent article in "Paper Creations", I now know what I am going to do to use up these older papers.  Cards designed by Erica Duda on pages 56-57 of the Summer 2012 issue gave me the inspiration for this card.  The card is really easy-peasy!  Once I decided on the assortment of coordinating papers it was just a matter of cutting them into a variety of sizes using the Nestabilities Large Scallop Circles and the assorted leaves dies. All layers are stacked with 3D tape.  The background looks like strips of papers, but is actually one of the papers in the stack.  I just added some antique lace and the brass center in the flower.  Quick and colorful notecard!


You can be sure I will be making more of these cards, with the scallops as well as other floral shaped dies!  I hope you like it and that you have new inspiration for using that old dp that just keeps stacking up.  I am on a "paper diet" --- no new papers until I use up the oldies but goodies!

I am the last stop on the hop so, on behalf of all my Divine Sistahs, we are so happy you took time to hop with us.  I hope you left lots of love in the comments --- these are very talented ladies and deserve lots of kudos!

10 comments:

heidy said...

Oh wow Barbara what a beautiful card!
Hugs Heidy

Angie Williams said...

This is so nice! I forgot about this technique of the layered flowers. Thanks for refreshing me, and your card is just wonderful.

Cindy said...

Wow, Barb, this is a great idea!! I have tons of papers, and those nesties, and quite a few others.. I am going to have to try this, when I get my mojo back!!!
Glad you played in the hop!!!

Gina Lindsay said...

Oh my goodness, what a beautiful card. I love the patterns and colors you used. Love that center piece too!

Nancy said...

Ooooh, pretty! Reminds me of a comfy quilt. :)
Hugs!

Cindy (Stamp With Me Cindy G/Stamping Therapy) said...

Stunning card! Love the paper. I never seem to use all my paper up either. I always say I'm going to use what I have and then I end up buying more. So glad you hopped with us this month.

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

Oh wow! This is stunning Barbara!!! I love the layers of different patterned papers on your flower.
Soft and very country-shabby chic!

Sending you big hugs. Hope you are having a wonderful summer.

Heather

Payne Holler Cards said...

Gorgeous! Thanks for reminding me of a great way to use some of my huge stash of designer paper (-:

Vicki said...

WOW, Barb! You really rocked the hop! Beautiful card and gorgeous papers! Blessings to you, dear lady!

Cathryn said...

Barb, this is awesome, I am on the same diet. Isn't that cool!!! I love your card and the idea is perfect for so many occassions. Hugs to you GF.