Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sketch and Stash Challenge 76 --- Chrissie's Sketch

[Yes, indeedy, this is my second post of the day!  Scroll down for first ever Sugar Creek Hollow entry.]

It's been awhile since I entered the Sketch and Stash Challenge, but when I saw my lovely friend Chrissie's sketch, I just had to take part.  I love the sketch and had just the right new image to use on it.


The rich deep reds and greens come under my favorites for Christmas colors, especially when I am wanting a vintage look.  The Christmas Cheer stack by K & Co. has been my go-to selection for a couple of years, but I am down to just a few sheets of it now.    All the dp on this card is from that stack.  The ribbon is velveteen and the flower is from Prima.  

A new-to-me site is Waltzing Mouse Stamps and this image called "Harriet" is a freebie from the digital products section.  They have a super selection of stamps from which I already have quite a long wish list!  I colored Harriet with Copics and layered it on Nesties die cuts.  

Here is Chrissie's sketch.  The next new challenge will be on December 19, so you still have time to jump in with your project.  Be sure to check out the design team's projects, too! 

Thanks for stopping by again today!  I hope you are having a wonderfully creative week!

5 comments:

McCrafty's Cards said...

Gorgeous card, I like the image, Great take on the sketch, Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash.
Kevin xx

Chrissie said...

Barb, I just LOVE what you did with my sketch! A gorgeous image and wonderful colour combo too.
Thanks for joining in with us at Sketch N Stash.
lol Chrissie xx

Jen Nelson said...

Great take on Chrissie 's Sketch Barb!

Thanks for joining us at Sketch n Stash

jen xx

Lynette said...

Three posts on one day - amazing! Love them all!

Jill said...

absolutely beautiful, I love your take on the sketch thanks for joining us at Sketch n Stash hugs Jill xx