Saturday, August 16, 2014

Scene with Make It Crafty Images


Back in April I was asked to make a birthday card for a teenager who loves horses.  This young lady has long blonde hair so that made me think immediately of my favorite images from Make It Crafty. I love coloring the flowing hair like Sweet Stephanie's. I also found the Exquisite Unicorn worked well as Stephanie's horse. To complete the scene the Crooked Picket Fence was perfect.


After merging the images in Photoshop I colored the scene with Copics. To keep the layers flat the Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles fit the scene and made a nice frame.  The card itself is aqua cardstock and the background layer was actually a scrap of designer paper I had in my stash.


The red flowers and leaves are from a stem of silk flowers.  I removed the plastic centers and replaced them with pearl brads from the bridal department at Michaels.  The small ivory roses are Prima.

I was pleased with how it all came together and I understand the young lady liked her birthday card, too.

Project Parts:
Paper:  Cardstock and designer paper scraps
Tools:  Spellbinders Radiant Rectangles, Copic markers, Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die Cutting Machine
Embellishments: Silk Flowers, pearl brads, Prima roses.

Thanks for stopping by today. I've come down with a nasty summer cold so I'm not creating much. But I think I still have another card or two to post later.  I hope you all are doing well and enjoying the weekend.

No comments: