Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Bah! Humbug! Challenge--- White on White

Those of us who love Bah! Humbug! have  two more reasons this month to be excited! Along with Ladies Humbug, Ann and Max, we have guest designers Donna and Tracy for even more inspiration and awesomeness. 

I've followed Donna on her blog Popsicle Toes for a couple of years. She provides constant inspiration and lately I've dusted off my Cricut because she just makes it look so much fun!  This card is dedicated to Donna, the Guru of die cut layers. I call my project "White on White, Take 2".

The card really is white, well a shimmery pearl white, made from 80# report cover stock. I love this paper for its weight and rich feel.  All parts of the card are from the same paper. We are having a cloudy, rainy day so my natural light for photographing is a bit more dull than normal.

The die cuts are from the Damask Decor cart which has so many gorgeous designs.  This one is the snowflake.  Now, here is why I call this "White on White, Take 2".  Take 1 was an absolute disaster!  Let's just say that intricate dies cuts + Xyron adhesive + acetate = absolute disaster!  I like to make sure that the pieces are going to stick so I put the die cut through the Xyron.  Well, there is always sticky stuff that doesn't stay on the backing but I can usually clean up the residue with a soft eraser.  That does not work on acetate!  What a mess!  So, I cut out another piece and dotted it with the mini glue dots.  Ahh! Much better and the die cut isn't going to come off.

The shadow layer for the snowflake is attached to the card base with the acetate over it.  There is actually a third layer: a matching snowflake die cut in the center.  I didn't pop it up as much as I should have -- and I was NOT going to go for Take 3 --- so I turned up the corners a bit.  All came beautifully together with the pearls. 

Albeit this is white on white, I would not call it CAS!  But, truthfully, I can't wait to use more of the gorgeous damask pieces on this cart.  Thanks for taking a look and be sure to pop on over to Bah! Humbug! for more inspiration. 

7 comments:

heidy said...

Oh I absolutly love this Barb,it's gorgeous!
Hugs Heidy

~JulieH~ said...

This is stunning Barb! I love the acetate layer and how you used it in the design. Absolutely beautiful card
Hugs
Juliex

Annie said...

Totally amazing card - think I need that cartridge.
Glad to hear your son't wedding was amazing.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT

Jeanette said...

This is stunning! I love the delicate look of your card!
Hugs Jeanette xxo

Pat said...

Oh Barb...this is absolutely stunning! I love the die cuts and pearls and the white on white is just exquisite! Hugs. Pat Frank

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!!! This is absolutely STUNNING!!!!! I love the white on white and all the pearls!!!

DonnaMundinger said...

OMG!!! I can't believe I missed this! WOW, how absolutely GORGEOUS! I love seein' you use your Cricut! xxD