Saturday, January 1, 2011

Welcome 2011 --- Happy New Year! Bless the Beasts and the Children Challenge

Mo Manning's DP2 challenge this week is "Bless the Beasts and the Children" which means using a stamp or combination of stamps with at least one animal and one child.  Mo's amazing selection of digi-stamps leaves no shortage of just such images.  I had already colored this one of Bella and Bronte for a New Year project.

In keeping with one of my craft resolutions for 2011, and inspired by blog buddies Lynette and Vicki, I have created a calendar for January 2011.  For the calendar format, the confetti, and the banner I used the Print Shop Pro Publisher.  I made it a full 8 1/2 by 11 so I can write in appointments and reminders right on the calendar and keep it near my work space.  Bella and Bronte are colored with Copics and the confetti Bella is tossing in the air is actually several colors of glitter inks.


From Bella, Bronte and me:  HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Blog Signature

5 comments:

Graphicat said...

Oooh, sounds like a challenge right up my alley! Awesome! Love the calendar Barb! Very festive!
?Happy New Year my friend!
Hugs
Cheri

Lynette said...

Great calendar page, Barb! How cool it's big enough to write your important dates on. Happy New Year to you, too!!

Elaine L. said...

Barb, This is wonderful! That image always makes me smile. Glad you joined us in Mo's Challenge this week.

The Wired Angel said...

This is a great idea, Barb and you did a great job - it's perfect for this week's challenge. Thanks for playing along with us at Mo's this week. Happy New Year to you! Hugs, Peggy x

Cathy said...

Oh Barb, this is wonderful. Love the calendar with that Mo's image. What fun. Thanks for playing along with the Mo 's Challenge this week!!