Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Bah! Humbug! Challenge ---- Elegance

The decor this week at Bah! Humbug! is elegance.  Last week our lovely ladies of the holidays gave us the challenge of vellum, which I find adds elegance to paper projects.  But, I don't think I could get by with rerunning that card.  However, I did reprise the use of elegant ribbon in this challenge.  The new selection of holiday ribbons at Michael's is gorgeous.  For this card I chose two ribbons of subtle grey-green organza, one with silver glitter swirls and the other with silver edges.  They match a wonderful heavy report cover cardstock I have in my stash.  I had to take photos with the flash under artificial light, so the color isn't depicted well here, unfortunately.  To accent the organza ribbons I added a strip of silver metallic ribbon.  The glitter stars are from K & Co. and have a touch of green glitter matching the cardstock.

For the circle I used the same shimmery cardstock as last week (in fact a scrap -- never through anything away!)  Embossed with Cuttlebug Snowflakes folder and cut with Nesties circle die, it is mounted on a piece of silver metallic cardstock. 

The sentiment is computer-generated and cut with Nesties rectangle die, also mounted on the silver metallic cardstock. 

Inside is a computer-generated liner that I often use in my cards.  It is printed on grey parchment paper. 

Even though I have several images either colored, or ready to be colored, I'm liking these cards of ribbon and sentiments on the front. Just in case you are wondering --- yes, I do have more new ribbons to use! 

Thanks for stopping by!  There's a chill in the air here in Missouri and the winds blew the leaves off the trees.  It won't be long before the snow flies!

Blog Signature

6 comments:

Jeni said...

Beautiful card! Love the dimension & sparkle. ~jeni :)

Lynette said...

Very elegant for sure, Barb - so beautiful!

Irene said...

Hello Barb

Wow what a fabulous card, and that gorgeous ribbon is just perfect.
I love all the different textures and your fab cuttling. The snowflakes are just to die for.

Thank you so much for joining in our latest challange at Bah!Humbug!
irene
xxxx

Max said...

Beautifully elegant Barb. Lour sparkly ribbons and snowflakes add a touch of luxury to what is already a lovely card. Thank you for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug!

Luv'n'Stuff
Max
xx
Max's Craft Creations
Bah! Humbug! Challenges DT

DonnaMundinger said...

Oh Barb, this is absolutley GORGEOUS! xxD

Annie said...

Wow Barb you really pulled a stunner out of the hat again this week. Love how you have used an embossed circle to offset the sentiment. So effective.
Thank you so much for sharing with us at Bah! Humbug! We've seen an abundance of gorgeous projects this week and have really appreciated everyone of them.
Ann xxx
Bah! Humbug! DT