Thursday, September 2, 2010

Cards for 4-year old and New Baby Girl; I {Heart} to Stamp Sketch

My stepson has an adorable little boy who just turned four years old ...... AND he became the proud father of a baby girl on 8-9-10!  He is one happy man!  I am running late with cards for them (they live in Pennsylvania) but they are sweet enough to understand.

This is the birthday card for the four-year old.  He loves cars and trucks so this image from Mo Manning was perfect.  Leland isn't a red head, but I had already colored this, and the dp looks great with it.  The image is colored with Copics and the gold racing stripe is covered with Spica gold gel pen.  The rest of the car is covered with Spica clear.  Gotta jazz up the little hot rods!  I am also entering this in the "I Heart 2 Stamp" sketch challenge this week. 

I found these cute little smilie faces in my sticker drawer (yet to be organized) and love the way they look on the circles.  Along with the card Leland will be getting some books (he loves to "read" and just started pre-school.)  One of the books is all about BIG trucks like his "Pop pop" drives.

I don't have many chances to make cards for new arrivals so I couldn't wait to use this Mo Manning digital image to welcome Sydney.  I especially love that I get to make a PINK card.  The baby is colored with Copics and mounted on Nesties labels cut from Bazzill cs.  The card base is Bazzill cs with the Martha Stewart butterfly border embossing punch.  The punch is repeated on the inside with the darker pink as a border on the right side.  These gorgeous butterfly stickers are from Michael's Recollections collections.  It is so hard for me to keep a card simple, but this one comes close.

 Along with this card Sydney is getting a package full of pink one-sies, pants, little bitty socks and a bright pink jumper outfit.  Once I ger out of the "joy of pink" mood, she'll get more of a variety, like denim with little pink hearts on the pockets.  :-)


To my friends on the east coast, especially North Carolina, please keep safe as the hurricane roars by.  One of my favorite places is the Outer Banks, expecially the Hatteras Light House.  My prayers are for the safety of everyone out there.  My husband is headed to New Jersey and Virginia, so I keep praying they can clear the area before the weather gets bad.  Interestingly, this hurricane bears the same name as my dear Uncle Earl, who is the kindest hearted person you would ever meet.  In 1999 hurricane Floyd was notorious for damage along the southeastern Atlantic coast.  My dad's name was Floyd and, like his brother Earl, dad was kind and gentle, though a bit mischievous at times, I hear.  Let's hope this hurricane Earl has a quick change of heart and runs out to sea without doing damage. 

Thanks for stopping by!

Blog Signature

1 comment:

DonnaMundinger said...

Leave it to Mo to have perfect images for every occasion. Your cards are simply darling, Barb! xxD