Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Sugar Nellie Snowman Easel Card

I like snowmen. Round ones, cute ones, short ones, tall ones, cartoons and vintage. So when I saw this tall, somewhat vintage snowman from Sugar Nellie I couldn't resist. The bonus of a birdhouse really clinched the deal.

I made this card for my nephew and his family. The scrapbook paper has a great sketch of two boys on a sled and when you lift the top card the whole image is visible. I don't remember where I got the paper, but it is such a pretty blue. The poinsettia is cut from K&Company dp with the Nestabilities dies and a large clear rhinestone in the center. The "door stop" is three sparkly snow balls I found at Hobby Lobby.

Here's a close-up of the adorable snow man. Love that slouch hat! I colored him with Copics, using earthy colors for an old-fashioned look.

Just a quick post tonight. I've been coloring all afternoon and have a couple of cards to put together. I'm glad you stopped by and hope you come back often! Christmas is only a couple of weeks away and I have a feeling my cards will be just under the wire! I don't dare send out anything but handmade! You all know how that is, right?

Barb

In God We Trust

3 comments:

Heather Huggins said...

Beautiful.. I need to try one of these cards...

Mina said...

Wow Barb what a fabulous easel card and I havent seen this gorgeous sugar nellie snowman for ages, hes just perfect
Mina xxx

Myrt said...

These Easel cards are so awesome, Barb and I love snowmen too - he looks great! Another fab creation, Barb