Saturday, May 10, 2014

Graduation Day for a Cool Guy!

Celebrating Graduation with his Mustang

A friend of mine asked for two graduation cards for high school grads.  This is the first of the two.  The young man loves his red Mustang so the card just had to pay tribute to the 'Stang, too!  The images are all colored with Copics...lots of red.  Below I will reveal the secret to this image.  The photo doesn't show it well, but the card base is a shiny black... almost like black patent leather. I used Spellbinders Wacky Squares for the pieces on the front, one in red glitter paper and the other silver metallic embossed with the Cuttlebug diamond plate embossing folder.
Close up of car after coloring from sketch
Sketch made with PhotoShop from a photo

I didn't have rubber or digital stamps of a Mustang and to take the time to draw one would take till his college graduation, so I went surfing for a photo I could turn into a sketch.  I've used this technique before with PhotoShop.  The photocopy effect will take it to a pencil drawing, then I erase all but the essential lines to keep the basic form.  Then I start to color. 
Happy Grad!

This happy grad image is from Kenny K and was a perfect reflection of this happy occasion in a young person's life! 
Inside of card...Headed for the Future!

Inside I used another Kenny K digital image to top off the whole theme of the card.  The young man hasn't seen the card yet, but I hope he likes it!  I made it 5 x 7 so it can slip into a frame, if he chooses.

Thanks again for stopping by!  It's been a busy week, but I do have a couple more cards to post soon.

Happy Graduation to your special high school and college grads! May they all find much success in the future for themselves as well as their communities.
Project Parts: 
Image: Kenny K 
Paper: Shiny, glitter and metallic papers from my stash.
Tools:  Spellbinders Wacky Squares dies, Copic Sketch markers, Cuttlebug Diamond Plate embossing folder. 

Blog Signature

1 comment:

Joan Ervin said...

Hi Barb...it's been a while!!! Hope all is well in your little corner of the world!!!!! Your masculine graduation card is sooo fabulous...WOW!!! I just love all the fun images and your coloring really brings them to life...awesome work!!!