Friday, December 7, 2012

ODBD His Gift --- Twice

One of the loveliest spots of color this time of year is the red poinsettia.  I like the white ones, too, but the red is my favorite.  When I saw the gorgeous "His Gift" set at Our Daily Bread Designs, it quickly became my favorite poinsettia stamp and I just had to have it for this year's card collection. 

I used this set for two commissioned cards but couldn't decide which one to use in this post.  So, I am showing both of them.  The cards are nearly alike, but like all handmade cards should be, there are some differences.

His Gift #1 --- This one stays true to vintage with an off-white doily and ivory pearl swirls. 


His Gift #2 --- I ran out of off-white doilies so this one is white and the pearl swirls are white and placed differently than the first card.


The verse inside both cards is part of the set. 

The coloring is done with my favorite Copic reds, golds and pine tree green.

Here's the question to ponder for this post:
As the Christmas season approaches, what song is it that you just can't wait to hear?
For me that would be "O Holy Night"

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Barb...your poinsettia is absolutely gorgeous!!!! Your coloring is stunning and I love the vintage feel with the pearl flourish and doily...beautifully done!!!!