Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge --- Non-Traditional Christmas Colors

This is my first entry for the Sugar Creek Hollow Challenge.  My uber-talented friend Peggy is one of the new design team members and when I saw that this challenge features vintage, shabby and primitive designs, I was hooked!  So I hope to be here every week!


For this week the challenge is non-traditional Christmas colors. This gave me the chance to use a piece from a package of K & Co. Vintage labels and to try an easel card made from the Spellbinders Label Ten.  

I like how this came out.  Label Ten is so pretty and the large size makes it just right for a non-rectangular shape.  I used Kraft card stock for the base and layered on the light blue and a crackle dp by The Paper Studio.  The tag with the reindeer is from the package of K & Co. tags.  It has just a touch of gold glitter on the borders.  The poinsettias are little silk picks I found at Michael's and the pearl swirls are Recollections by Michael's.  

A little closer look at the top half of the card.

The sentiment is a stamp from a Cornish Heritage Farms collection. 

I just might use this as a decoration here at home instead of mailing it out.  I know just the place for it!

Thanks for stopping by today!  I have been busily making cards this week so there will be more posts to come.... maybe even another one today!  If you haven't visited Sugar Creek Hollow yet, be sure to hop on over.  You will love what the design team has to inspire and excite us this week!

No comments: